Every year we invite patients to attend for a health check, some of these health checks include:
- NHS Health Check for adults aged 40-75
- Learning Disability Health Check For those aged 14 and over with a learning disability
- Long Term Conditions for patients with long term conditions such as Asthma, Diabetes, Hypertension, COPD
How do I get invited?
When your health check is due, the practice will contact you directly via various communication means that suit you this can be
- Over the phone
- Via a letter in the post
- A text link straight to your smart phone
What happens during a health check?
Health checks are different depending on why you have been asked to come in however usually the clinician will ask you some health and lifestyle questions and then complete a health check which includes:
- Checking your height
- Checking your weight
- Completing a blood test
- Checking your blood pressure